Questions and discussions about the hardware aspects of the TD RF modules, boards and accessories.
Archie

Check that the SF message is sent

by Archie Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:46 pm

Hello,
I try in my program to check if the message is on the sigfox network. When I am in a white area, the TD_SIGFOX_Send function always returns me 1.
How can I be sure that the message I am trying to send is sent ?

Another question: How can I simulate the white area physically?
mstempin

Re: Check that the SF message is sent

by mstempin Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:11 pm

The Sigfox network is using broadcast messages, not connections, so it is not possible to know if a message has been received by the network or not.
Archie

by Archie Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:53 pm

Ha ok,
In fact we go into a white area. We have lot of "out of sequences". The messages do not arrive on our platform IOT, the message est lost.
Our platform IOT "Disengage sequence number" on sigfox but it is too late. It happens quite often on "h'aute-normandie". In basse normandie, It's flatter and the module works very well.

mstempin wrote:The Sigfox network is using broadcast messages, not connections, so it is not possible to know if a message has been received by the network or not.
Archie

by Archie Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:45 pm

Hello mstempin,

I always have "out-of-sequence", when leaving the white area. In Normandy, it is rather hilly and we send several messages in white zone.

We contacted SIGFOX on the support which tells us to see with you because it is up to the module to check that the sequences are correct.

Honestly, I'm a little lost. If a message is not received in the white zone, nothing can be done about it. On the other hand if a message is sent, received by an antenna and it is not processed by sigfox by what it is "out of sequence", this kind of me.

You can tell me just click on a sigfox HMI button. But the message will be lost definitively and it can be an important message.

I do not know who to believe
Return to Hardware