When there is no other category, General is the way to go.
perco

[TD1204] Unable to launch commands on terminal

by perco Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:30 pm

Hi all

I'm using TD1204 EVB. I installed VPC drivers and when I connect the EVB to my USB port, I see in Windows device manager correctly the "USB Serial Port (COM9).
If I use Hyper Terminal, I create a new connection, "connect using COM9", the blank windows appears, in the status bar I see the "connected since xx seconds). But I'm not able to type anything ! using copy/paste or typing letters with the keyboard, nothing happens !

Same thing if I use Putty, connect on port COM9 / Speed 96000, it launch the terminal window, but not able to launch and type anything !

Do you what is the problem ? if you got an idea, thanks in advance for your help.
perco

Re: [TD1204] Unable to launch commands on terminal

by perco Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:54 pm

OK so in hyper terminal, I finally set those ASCII options in properties, and now I'm able to see the text I'm typing.
HOWEVER, after typed my command, I press ENTER, but nothing happens. Like the ENTER Command was not taken in account.. :(
any advice or help ? thanks a lot
mstempin

Re: [TD1204] Unable to launch commands on terminal

by mstempin Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:32 am

Please make sure that the jumpers on the EVB board are set as required in the user's manual: when disconnecting the FTDI cable and shorting the pins with a metallic tool (such as a screwdriver) in order to discharge all capacitors, re-plug the cable: the on-board LED connected to the TIM2 module pin should blink once briefly, indicating that the module boots into bootloader mode and exit, meaning that the board is correctly booting and should answer to the UART @ 9600 bps, 1 stop bit, noi parity, no folw control.
Return to General