Questions and discussions about the software that runs on the TD RF module itself.
hicham

Firmware flash on TD1208 installed on our PCB

by hicham Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:35 pm

Hello,
I have successfully flashed new firmware programs on TD1208 embarked within the development kit but no way to establish a communication (serial port) with TD1208 embarked within our own PCB.
I didn't find a tuto or detailed info about this ...
Please can you give me details about how to flash TD1208 within a given PCB (not dev kit) : Pin wiring, tools to recommend etc ...

Thanks for your help
lcheminade

Re: Firmware flash on TD1208 installed on our PCB

by lcheminade Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:57 pm

Hi,

Firmware flashing can be done using the EFM32 programming board (SWD). You need to connect DB2 to SWDIO and DB3 to SWDCLK. Of course you need VCC, GND and if possible RST.

If you don't have the programming board (which is NOT recommended at all for development) then you can use the serial bootloader as usual and you only need RX, TX and GND properly connected to the FTDI cable. It is also good to have a led on TIM2 like on the ref design. If the led does not blink when powering the board then you don't have an embedded bootloader and your only solution is the programming board.

Regards.

Loïc
hicham

by hicham Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:26 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
But in the case, we receive the chips (without bootloader) and we need to flash our firmware in a mass production mode, what could be a more industrial alternative for the programming board ?
lcheminade

by lcheminade Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:34 pm

You need either the bootloader or the programming tool.

Of course for mass production you should be able to use the programming tools in an automatic way (which will be must faster than the bootloader).

Then if you need to upgrade several products on the fiedl or simply out of the production line you can use the radio bootloader but you will need a led on TIM2. For development you should keep a physical access to the programming pins (DB2/DB3).
hicham

by hicham Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:41 pm

OK I see.
Do you have some details about the procedure for the radio bootloader ?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Hicham
sguilly

by sguilly Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:27 pm

Hi,

I have try to update the firmware of my TD1208 module with the TDloader program.

But, in the middle of the transfert, the program display an error information in the progress area (below filename).

I try to power off/on the board but now the TDloader fail to pass the synchro state.

And the module don't reply when i try to send AT command.

Have you a tip for this situation ?

Best Regards,

Stéphane
omlu

by omlu Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:57 pm

sguilly wrote:Hi,

I have try to update the firmware of my TD1208 module with the TDloader program.

But, in the middle of the transfert, the program display an error information in the progress area (below filename).

I try to power off/on the board but now the TDloader fail to pass the synchro state.

And the module don't reply when i try to send AT command.

Have you a tip for this situation ?

Best Regards,

Stéphane

Hi Stephane,

I've just came upon the same situation. Did you find a solution? How did you manage?

Thanks,
lcheminade

by lcheminade Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:00 pm

In such a case the bootloader is broken and you will need a SWD programmer to reflash the module.
omlu

by omlu Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:02 am

lcheminade wrote:In such a case the bootloader is broken and you will need a SWD programmer to reflash the module.

Goodmorning,

Can you tell me where I could find the bootloader to flash?

Thank you,

PS: I'll use a RaspberryPI as SW Programmer.
lcheminade

by lcheminade Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:06 am

It is included in every firmware generated with the SDK unless using specific define to get rid of it.
Return to Firmware