Questions and discussions about the software that runs on the TD RF module itself.
disk91

Messages de service

by disk91 Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:45 am

Hello

Quick question, this morning I had no messages in my sigfox backend but Event with sequence rupture. It seems that some messages has been transmetted to sigfox with an "out of band" type - like service messages.

I'm fully rebuilding my firmare from the sdk s I was expecting to control all the transmitted messages. In what condition should my device send service messages like this ?

Sincerely,
paul
lcheminade

Re: Messages de service

by lcheminade Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:47 pm

Hi,

The only OOB message which is automatically sent is the downlink final ACK (from your device to Sigfox). Could you please post a screenshot of this message?

Concerning sequence break. Each Sigfox frame contains a number as a protection from frames being replayed by someone else. So if the backend receive frames with a big gap (don't know how big is... you can ask Sigfox about it) between their sequence they will not be processed and will generate a break event instead. You can disable this features in the Sigfox backend.

Loïc
disk91

Re: Messages de service

by disk91 Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:03 pm

Hard to get a screenshot as it is out of accessible history basically I saw an break of sequence message in the event side but no message in the message list ; assuming network received something but not a message I sent.
By the way, if you tells me these is nothing more than the downlink ack it sounds good

Paul
Return to Firmware