Questions and discussions about the software that runs on the TD RF module itself.
francois

write error during upload

by francois Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:38 pm

Hi
I had a write error during upload of the firmware on TD1208 using the ftdi cable and TDloader 1.04.
I cannot manage to upload any new firmware anymore. the TD loader keeps synchronizing.
Any idea?
Thanks
omlu

Re: write error during upload

by omlu Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:31 am

Hi,

I had the same error a few months ago. I used a Raspberry Pi to flash it again.

To do so, I followed this post (more or less precisely): link

I don't remember the exact procedure but I remember I struggled a bit before succeeding.

Good luck,

PS: don't know if it's against this forum rules to share external link. If so, sorry and please delete this answer, admins.
francois

by francois Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:16 am

Thanks but I dont have any raspberry solution under the hand.
Does the tiny gecko delivered with the EVB could be used to reprogram the chip via SWD channel ?
Francois
xaviaguirre

by xaviaguirre Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:19 am

Hi Francois,

I've an idea that I think it will work:

- Run the TDloaderV1.06
- Set the proper COMport, Board, on the filename the complete path of the 'td1208_modem_SOFT1451.bin', (same as usually do to upgrade the firmware). Then the click 'Aquire'.
- Now you'll have the Synchroning message all the time (this is the problem), so now, while you see the synchronising message, you must do an electrical reset, and you'll see the Shyncronising bar going on.

Just in case, I'm going to explain the electrical reset, it's very easy (I made it with the TD1208EVB ISP header, but I think is the same direct on the microchip), Using the ISP header pins, you only must join the reset pin (number 3) with the ground pin (number 2), that's all.

You can see the ISP header reference on page 14 of TD1208 EVB User's Guide.

I hope it'll help, I tried it once I flashed my TD1208 with the blink example and later trying to flash back to the SOFT1451 firmware found the same problem, the synchronising message remained all the time, then I made an electrical reset and the problem was solved.

Good luck,

Xavi Aguirre
lcheminade

by lcheminade Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:26 am

Hi,

You need a jlink SWD programmer to reload the code. You can't use another TD12xx.

Here is the one we ship when you buy a complete SDK.

http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/lowp ... k3300.aspx

Regards.

Loïc
Return to Firmware