Questions and discussions about the software that runs on the TD RF module itself.
omlu

[SOLVED] How to check SIGFOX network coverage ?

by omlu Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:38 pm

Hi all,

I would like to know if there is a function to check for SIGFOX network availability?

Details: When I send a SIGFOX frame (with TD_SIGFOX_SendV1()), I would like to have a return information on the success or failure of the transmission.
I know I can indicate an acknowledge is needed with the ack parameter set to true. When doing so, is it the callback that is supposed to answer with an acknowledge frame? And if so, does it count as a 'downlink' SIGFOX frame? As my subscription includes three downlink messages only, that would be an obstacle for my application.
That's why I would like to know if there is a simple function returning a true when SIGFOX network is available and false when it isn't (not counting as a downlink SIGFOX message)

Thank you very much,
Last edited by omlu on Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lcheminade

Re: How to check SIGFOX network coverage ?

by lcheminade Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:42 pm

Hi,

No you can't unless using the downlink capability (ie acknowledge frame). Sigfox is not a connected network and there is no way to know about the coverage unless asking for an answer.

Regards.
omlu

Re: How to check SIGFOX network coverage ?

by omlu Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:41 pm

lcheminade wrote:Hi,

No you can't unless using the downlink capability (ie acknowledge frame). Sigfox is not a connected network and there is no way to know about the coverage unless asking for an answer.

Regards.

Ok :(

Thank you for your answer !
Return to Firmware