Questions and discussions about the software that runs on the TD RF module itself.
omlu

[solved] TD1204 reboot when LEUART0_IRQHandler();

by omlu Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:19 pm

Hi,

I have a TD1204 sending requests to an other module through its RX/TX pins. The TD1204 does sends frames, the other module recognizes them and answers to the request. At that moment, my TD1204 reboots.

The UART is initialiazed with TD_UART_InitGlobal(); and it is started with TD_UART_Start();. (So the interrupt on LEUART0 should be init too)

Here is the interrupt routine (it is the same as the one available in the libraries)

void LEUART0_IRQHandler(void) //OG in td_uart.c put as comment
{
uint8_t msg;

TD_SIGFOX_Send((uint8_t *) "LEUART0 IRQ",11,2);

msg = LEUART0->RXDATA;

next = (TD_UART[0].RxWriteIndex) + 1;
if (next >= TD_UART_RXBUFSIZE) {
next = 0;
}

if (next != TD_UART[0].RxReadIndex) {

TD_UART[0].RxBuffer[TD_UART[0].RxWriteIndex] = msg;
TD_UART[0].RxWriteIndex = next;
} else {
if (TD_UART[0].Stats.SoftOverflow != 0xFF) {
TD_UART[0].Stats.SoftOverflow++;
}
}
TD_WakeMainLoop();
}

The TD1204 never sends the "LEUART0 IRQ" message at the beginning of the LEUART0_IRQHandler.

I tried to find the reset cause with
uint32_t RMU_ResetCauseGet(void);

But it returns '0'.

I don't know what else to do to find the reset reason.

Can anyone help me?

Kind regards,
Last edited by omlu on Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
omlu

Re: TD1204 reboot when LEUART0_IRQHandler();

by omlu Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:17 am

OK I found out what caused the reboot:

It turns out you cannot send sigfox messages in a interrupt handler (why? dunno). So no TD_SIGFOX_Send(...) allowed ! I commented it and it ran fine.

The lack of documentation/information/code visibility got me losing time ! (PS: I am an amateur programmer so that could explain it also :oops: )
lcheminade

Re: [solved] TD1204 reboot when LEUART0_IRQHandler();

by lcheminade Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:27 am

Hi,

Sorry I missed the Sigfox line when reading your post... From a general point of view interrupt functions should return as quickly as possible so having a 6s Sigfox transmission is a bad design idea. Anyway Sigfox transmission itself requires an interruptable context which we don't have when inside an other interrupt.

Basically what you're getting is a software trap made to prevent any use of the Sigfox function inside an interrupt. Trap will reset your chip unless you specify an other option (see trap.c in tdcore).

Regards.
Return to Firmware