Questions and discussions about the software that runs on the TD RF module itself.
ramon2015

Downlink Message (RSSI)

by ramon2015 Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:44 pm

Hello,

I have setup a dowlink message pretty quickly in my custom FW, and worked, which is great !! and I have some questions:

I would like to know the RRSI at the TD module when receiving the DL message, so I have used the following function:

int TD_SIGFOX_DOWNLINK_GetRSSI ( void )

which claims to

Return the SIGFOX down-link RSSI value latched during sync reception.
ReturnsReturns the SIGFOX down-link RSSI value in dBm.

Is it really the RSSI of the signal recevied at the module? or is it the RSSI at the Base station from the former UL message?
what I do not understand is why this value can arrive at the SIGFOX backend right after of the ACKNOWLOEDGE if no UL message is sent. I have a callbak configured in the backend so I receive an e-mail everytime I got an UL message, but no email after the DL message arrives to the TD module.

Is the DOWNLINK process sending this internally after receiving the DL message?

FYI: I have used the following function:
TD_SIGFOX_SendV1(MODE_FRAME, false, frame_START, 12, 2, true, false);

One more question:
Is it 2 good retry value for DL messages?

Regards, Ramon.
mstempin

Re: Downlink Message (RSSI)

by mstempin Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:38 pm

Hi Ramon,

Yes, the TD_SIGFOX_DOWNLINK_GetRSSI () function provides the RSSI value latched during the reception of the downlink message by the module.

This value is also sent back to the base station right after receiving the downlink message in an OOB (Out Of Band, not billed), along with power supply voltage when idle and transmitting.

If you want to get the RSSI at the base station, you can send it back in the downlink message payload to the module.

For the downlink request, you can use either 1 or 2 repeat, I suggest using only 1 as you will receive the dwonlink frame if the uplink frame is received correctly.
escalanterj

by escalanterj Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:36 pm

Hello,

Can anybody provide an example of how to handle downlinks?

thanks

BR
dandavid3000

by dandavid3000 Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:07 pm

Hi,

I believe you have an example in the TD SDK named "sigfox_downlink" from RF_Examples working set

Dan
Return to Firmware