Questions and discussions about the software that runs on the TD RF module itself.
Capture

How to upload the firmware using USB only

by Capture Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:11 am

Hello Everyone,
I am trying to upload the firmware by using USB only, right now i am able to flash the firmware by using TDLoader without hard reset by making automatic system reset but i would like to add some functions inorder to laod the program directly from USB without using TDloader can anyone suggest me some idea how to do that ?

i found, some source here but it seems like complex to understand i am not able to find any library function for that
https://github.com/Telecom-Design/TD_RF ... ils/cflash.

any suggestion or examples will be appreciated

Thank you
mstempin

Re: How to upload the firmware using USB only

by mstempin Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:20 am

The code above is for the PC side, if you want to replace the TDLoader utility.

On theTD module side, the API function in charge of implementing the bootloader is TD_BOOT_Init(), defined in libtdrf/inc/td_boot.h.

It can be called like this:
Code: Select all
TD_BOOT_Init(CONFIG_PRODUCT_LED_POLARITY, CONFIG_PRODUCT_TYPE);
Capture

by Capture Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:37 am

Tahk you for your kind quick reply
yes i would like to create similar kind of TDLoader utility functions exactly i want to load the firmware from eclipse itself by adding some functions can you please give me some examples so that i will get some idea?
Thank you
mstempin

by mstempin Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:45 am

If yu do not flash the module just once but multiple times like when debugging a firmware, it is much more efficient to use JTAG/SWD flashing method rather than UART/USB method, as it is much faster, and also because it can recover the module even if the bootloader is damaged.

For this purpose, you need a JTAG/SWD probe like the J-Link probe, or an EFM32 STK 3300 Starter Kit board used as a JTAG//SWD probe and connect the TD EVB board using the 7-pin connector.

You can use the standalaone eaCommander.exe utility porovided in the C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\energymicro\energyAware Commander directory and choose the "Out" debug mode.

In Eclipse, provided you followed the instruction in the README file, you should have installed the "launchers" in the top icon bar, that contain an entry to Flash the current project.
Capture

by Capture Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:54 am

Thank you for your kind reply

i designed and developed my new prototype and also i added the USB/UART functionality in my prototype so from the procution and factory point of view i would like to create similar kind of TDLoader functionality like detecting the USB serial port and resseting the device then updating the new firmware without deleting the old one can you ssuggest me hwat should i do inorder to create this kind of functionality
Return to Firmware