Questions and discussions about the software that runs on the TD RF module itself.
omlu

[SOLVED] "arm-none-eabi-gcc" not found in PATH

by omlu Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:54 pm

Hi,

I tried writing a simple "Hello World" code for a TD1204. Everything seems fine until I try to build the project.
This is what I get in the Console:

14:41:43 **** Incremental Build of configuration TD1204 Debug for project FirstTest ****
Info: Internal Builder is used for build
arm-none-eabi-gcc -DDEBUG -DDEBUG_EFM -DEFM32G210F128 -DMODULE_REVISION=REVISION_TD1204 "-IC:\\TD\\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\\workspace\\FirstTest\\inc" "-IC:\\TD\\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\\Github\\TD_RF_Module_SDK\\lib\\libtdgeoloc\\inc" "-IC:\\TD\\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\\Github\\TD_RF_Module_SDK\\lib\\libtdsensor\\inc" "-IC:\\TD\\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\\Github\\TD_RF_Module_SDK\\lib\\libtdrf\\inc" "-IC:\\TD\\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\\Github\\TD_RF_Module_SDK\\lib\\libtddrivers\\inc" "-IC:\\TD\\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\\Github\\TD_RF_Module_SDK\\lib\\libtdcore\\inc" "-IC:\\TD\\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\\Github\\TD_RF_Module_SDK\\lib\\emlib\\inc" "-IC:\\TD\\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\\Github\\TD_RF_Module_SDK\\lib\\Device\\EnergyMicro\\EFM32G\\Include" "-IC:\\TD\\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\\Github\\TD_RF_Module_SDK\\lib\\CMSIS\\Include" -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -Wa,-adhlns=$@.lst -c -fmessage-length=0 -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -g3 -gdwarf-2 -o "src\\FirstTest.o" "..\\src\\FirstTest.c"
Cannot run program "arm-none-eabi-gcc": Launching failed

Error: Program "arm-none-eabi-gcc" not found in PATH
PATH=[C:/TD/TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0/eclipse/jre/bin/client;C:/TD/TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0/eclipse/jre/bin;C:/TD/TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0/eclipse/jre/lib/i386;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\eclipse;]

14:41:43 Build Finished (took 80ms)

I know the concerned program is located at this directory: C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\gnu\arm-none-eabi\bin
So I tried to add the directory everywhere I could in Eclipse but it didn't work (I removed them all now).

I hope someone can help me with this one.

Thank you all,

PS: I don't have the EVB. I program directly through RX and TX pins.
Last edited by omlu on Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mstempin

Re: "arm-none-eabi-gcc" not found in PATH

by mstempin Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:08 pm

You need to add "C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\gnu\arm-none-eabi\bin" to your Windows environment variables and restart Eclipse.

Alternatively, you can create a PATH variable in Eclipse only: navigate to the "Windows > Preferences" menu entry, then in the "Preferences" dialog box, navigate to the "C/C++ > Build > Environment" and add a "PATH" variable with the value "${Path};C:\TD_RF_Module_SDK_Tools-v4.0.0\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\gnu\bin".
omlu

by omlu Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:48 pm

Thank you for your quick answer.

However, it didn't work :(
You can see below the error message and that both directories were included in PATH (as you gave two directories, I took all my chances by adding both)

PATH=[C:/TD/TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0/eclipse/jre/bin/client;C:/TD/TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0/eclipse/jre/bin;C:/TD/TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0/eclipse/jre/lib/i386;C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\gnu\arm-none-eabi\bin;C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\eclipse;C:/TD/TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0/eclipse/jre/bin/client;C:/TD/TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0/eclipse/jre/bin;C:/TD/TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0/eclipse/jre/lib/i386;C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\gnu\arm-none-eabi\bin;C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\eclipse;C:/TD/TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0/eclipse/jre/bin/client;C:/TD/TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0/eclipse/jre/bin;C:/TD/TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0/eclipse/jre/lib/i386;C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\gnu\arm-none-eabi\bin;C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\eclipse;C:\TD_RF_Module_SDK_Tools-v4.0.0\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\gnu\bin;C:\TD_RF_Module_SDK_Tools-v4.0.0\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\gnu\bin;C:\TD_RF_Module_SDK_Tools-v4.0.0\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\gnu\bin]
mstempin

by mstempin Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:15 pm

Sorry for the confusion, these paths were good for my heavily modified SDK, not for the genuine SDK :?

The correct paths to add are "C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\gnu\bin"and "${Path};C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\gnu\bin" respectively, not " C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\gnu\arm-none-eabi\bin" and "${Path};C:\TD_RF_Module_SDK_Tools-v4.0.0\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\gnu\bin" as stated in my previous email.
omlu

by omlu Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:47 pm

It worked.

Thanks !
escalanterj

Re: [SOLVED] "arm-none-eabi-gcc" not found in PATH

by escalanterj Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:04 am

Same error, can somebody give me a clue? thanks
BR

Info: Internal Builder is used for build
arm-none-eabi-gcc -DNDEBUG -DEFM32G210F128 -DMODULE_REVISION=REVISION_TD1208 "-IC:\\Users\\escal\\git\\TD_RF_Module_SDK2\\lib\\libtdgeoloc\\inc" "-IC:\\Users\\escal\\git\\TD_RF_Module_SDK2\\lib\\libtdsensor\\inc" "-IC:\\Users\\escal\\git\\TD_RF_Module_SDK2\\lib\\libtdrf\\inc" "-IC:\\Users\\escal\\git\\TD_RF_Module_SDK2\\lib\\libtddrivers\\inc" "-IC:\\Users\\escal\\git\\TD_RF_Module_SDK2\\lib\\libtdcore\\inc" "-IC:\\Users\\escal\\git\\TD_RF_Module_SDK2\\lib\\emlib\\inc" "-IC:\\Users\\escal\\git\\TD_RF_Module_SDK2\\lib\\Device\\EnergyMicro\\EFM32G\\Include" "-IC:\\Users\\escal\\git\\TD_RF_Module_SDK2\\lib\\CMSIS\\Include" -Os -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -o "src\\watchdog.o" "..\\src\\watchdog.c"
Cannot run program "arm-none-eabi-gcc": Launching failed

PATH=[F:/Pen/B'Wireless/Projects/IoT/FTFTTC/TDnext/TD_RF_Module_SDK-v.6.3.4/TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0/eclipse/jre/bin/client;F:/Pen/B'Wireless/Projects/IoT/FTFTTC/TDnext/TD_RF_Module_SDK-v.6.3.4/TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0/eclipse/jre/bin;F:/Pen/B'Wireless/Projects/IoT/FTFTTC/TDnext/TD_RF_Module_SDK-v.6.3.4/TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0/eclipse/jre/lib/i386;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\GtkSharp\2.12\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\;C:\Users\escal\AppData\Local\atom\bin;%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;;F:\Pen\B'Wireless\Projects\IoT\FTFTTC\TDnext\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v.6.3.4\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\eclipse;]

11:55:58 Build Finished (took 243ms)
omlu

Re: [SOLVED] "arm-none-eabi-gcc" not found in PATH

by omlu Thu May 04, 2017 12:03 pm

escalanterj wrote:Same error, [...]

...I guess the answer would be the same.
I had to try a few times to make it work.

Good luck
Return to Firmware