Questions and discussions about the SDK tools used to program the TD RF modules.
arnaudw

Problem to compile

by arnaudw Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:23 pm

Hello,

I just start with TD1208 chip :)

I have a problem with compilation and don't know what to do. I reinstall the kit several times by following the tutorial.
Here are the log below.

Any ideas ? Thanks in advance.
Arnaud.

22:14:40 **** Incremental Build of configuration TD1208 Debug for project blink ****
Info: Internal Builder is used for build
arm-none-eabi-gcc "-T..\\..\\Device\\EnergyMicro\\EFM32G\\Source\\G++\\efm32g.ld" -Xlinker --gc-sections "-LC:\\TD\\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\\Github\\TD_RF_Module_SDK\\lib\\libtdgeoloc\\GCC Debug" "-LC:\\TD\\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\\Github\\TD_RF_Module_SDK\\lib\\libtdsensor\\GCC Debug" "-LC:\\TD\\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\\Github\\TD_RF_Module_SDK\\lib\\libtdrf\\GCC Debug" "-LC:\\TD\\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\\Github\\TD_RF_Module_SDK\\lib\\libtddrivers\\GCC Debug" "-LC:\\TD\\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\\Github\\TD_RF_Module_SDK\\lib\\libtdcore\\GCC Debug" "-LC:\\TD\\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\\Github\\TD_RF_Module_SDK\\lib\\emlib\\GCC Debug" "-LC:\\TD\\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\\Github\\TD_RF_Module_SDK\\lib\\Device\\GCC Debug" -Wl,-Map,blink.map -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -g3 -gdwarf-2 -o blink.elf "src\\blink.o" -ltdgeoloc -ltdsensor -ltdrf -ltdcore -ltdrf -ltddrivers -ltdcore -lemlib -lDevice -lgcc -lc -lcs3 -lcs3unhosted
c:/td/td_rf_module_sdk-v4.0.0/gnu/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.2/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb2\libcs3unhosted.a(unhosted-_close.o): warning: IO function '_close' used
c:/td/td_rf_module_sdk-v4.0.0/gnu/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.2/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb2\libcs3unhosted.a(unhosted-_fstat.o): warning: IO function '_fstat' used
c:/td/td_rf_module_sdk-v4.0.0/gnu/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.2/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb2\libcs3unhosted.a(unhosted-isatty.o): warning: IO function '_isatty' used
c:/td/td_rf_module_sdk-v4.0.0/gnu/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.2/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb2\libcs3unhosted.a(unhosted-_lseek.o): warning: IO function '_lseek' used
c:/td/td_rf_module_sdk-v4.0.0/gnu/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.2/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb2\libcs3unhosted.a(unhosted-_read.o): warning: IO function '_read' used
c:/td/td_rf_module_sdk-v4.0.0/gnu/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.2/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb2\libcs3unhosted.a(unhosted-_write.o): warning: IO function '_write' used
c:/td/td_rf_module_sdk-v4.0.0/gnu/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.2/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb2\libcs3unhosted.a(unhosted-sbrk.o): In function `_sbrk':
sbrk.c:(.text+0x3c): undefined reference to `__cs3_heap_limit'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

22:14:41 Build Finished (took 663ms)
lcheminade

Re: Problem to compile

by lcheminade Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:00 pm

Hi,

Compiling in debug mode with gcc isn't efficient at all and unfortunately the final binary file is usually larger than the 128Ko of embedded flash. You might only be able to build the project in release mode instead.

Nevertheless the functions getting link sound weird... which example are you trying to build? Did you write some custom code?

Loïc
arnaudw

by arnaudw Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:05 am

Thanks for your quick answer :)
I try to compile blink project with some customisation.

I think i found my problem : i put a printf... :roll: :mrgreen:

If i want to make some printf on the pc console, i should try with this : https://www.segger.com/jlink-real-time-terminal.html

Arnaud.
lcheminade

by lcheminade Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:22 am

Actually the function name is tfp_printf. Most examples include the uart definition and tfp_printf functions. You just need to plug your ftdi cable and open a terminal at 9600 bauds.
Return to Tools