Questions and discussions about the SDK tools used to program the TD RF modules.
omlu

Import Git: " can not be imported because alredy exist"

by omlu Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:09 pm

Hi,

So I tried to go from SDK 4 to the latest SDK 6. I zipped the previous folder C:\TD (and deleted it. I then unzipped the new TD folder so it would take the place of the previous one.
When I tried to import projects, I followed every steps in the README until this happened (see attached image). It says:

Some or all projects can not be imported because they already exist in the workspace

I can't do anything else (except going Back).

Whan should I do ?
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (39.77 KiB) Viewed 6257 times
omlu

Re: Import Git: " can not be imported because alredy exist"

by omlu Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:56 am

UPDATE:

When I delete the contents of folder
C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects

before Importing from Git, it works.
But then when I compile my personnal project (which used to work in SDK4), I get following errors in Console:

Code: Select all
11:46:15 **** Incremental Build of configuration TD1208 Debug for project NexxFOX ****
Info: Internal Builder is used for build
arm-none-eabi-gcc "-T..\\..\\Device\\EnergyMicro\\EFM32G\\Source\\G++\\efm32g.ld" -Xlinker --gc-sections "-LC:\\TD\\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\\Github\\TD_RF_Module_SDK\\lib\\libtdgeoloc\\GCC Debug" "-LC:\\TD\\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\\Github\\TD_RF_Module_SDK\\lib\\libtdsensor\\GCC Debug" "-LC:\\TD\\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\\Github\\TD_RF_Module_SDK\\lib\\libtdrf\\GCC Debug" "-LC:\\TD\\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\\Github\\TD_RF_Module_SDK\\lib\\libtddrivers\\GCC Debug" "-LC:\\TD\\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\\Github\\TD_RF_Module_SDK\\lib\\libtdcore\\GCC Debug" "-LC:\\TD\\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\\Github\\TD_RF_Module_SDK\\lib\\emlib\\GCC Debug" "-LC:\\TD\\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\\Github\\TD_RF_Module_SDK\\lib\\Device\\GCC Debug" -Wl,-Map,NexxFOX.map -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -g3 -gdwarf-2 -o NexxFOX.elf "src\\touch.o" "src\\modbus.o" "src\\main.o" "src\\led.o" "src\\buzzer.o" -ltdgeoloc -ltdsensor -ltdrf -ltdcore -ltdrf -ltddrivers -ltdcore -lemlib -lDevice -lgcc -lc -lcs3 -lcs3unhosted
src\main.o: In function `TD_USER_Setup':
C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\workspace\NexxFOX\TD1208 Debug/..\src/main.c:102: undefined reference to `setIRQTouch'
src\main.o: In function `TD_USER_Loop':
C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\workspace\NexxFOX\TD1208 Debug/..\src/main.c:161: undefined reference to `getTouch'
C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\workspace\NexxFOX\TD1208 Debug/..\src/main.c:170: undefined reference to `setIRQTouch'
C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\Github\TD_RF_Module_SDK\lib\libtdsensor\GCC Debug\libtdsensor.a(td_sensor.o): In function `TD_SENSOR_InternalInit':
C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\Github\TD_RF_Module_SDK\lib\libtdsensor\GCC Debug/..\src/td_sensor.c:139: undefined reference to `TD_SENSOR_SwitchConfig'
C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\Github\TD_RF_Module_SDK\lib\libtdsensor\GCC Debug/..\src/td_sensor.c:139: undefined reference to `CONFIG_TD_SENSOR_MAX_SWITCH'
C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\Github\TD_RF_Module_SDK\lib\libtdsensor\GCC Debug\libtdsensor.a(td_sensor.o): In function `TD_SENSOR_Init':
C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\Github\TD_RF_Module_SDK\lib\libtdsensor\GCC Debug/..\src/td_sensor.c:1715: undefined reference to `TD_SENSOR_LAN_Init'
C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\Github\TD_RF_Module_SDK\lib\libtdsensor\GCC Debug/..\src/td_sensor.c:1715: undefined reference to `TD_SENSOR_TRANSMITTER_Init'
C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\Github\TD_RF_Module_SDK\lib\libtdsensor\GCC Debug/..\src/td_sensor.c:1715: undefined reference to `TD_SENSOR_MonitorInit'
C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\Github\TD_RF_Module_SDK\lib\libtdsensor\GCC Debug\libtdsensor.a(td_sensor_gateway.o): In function `TD_SENSOR_GATEWAY_DeclareFlashVariable':
C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\Github\TD_RF_Module_SDK\lib\libtdsensor\GCC Debug/..\src/td_sensor_gateway.c:783: undefined reference to `DeviceList'
C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\Github\TD_RF_Module_SDK\lib\libtdsensor\GCC Debug/..\src/td_sensor_gateway.c:783: undefined reference to `CONFIG_TD_SENSOR_GATEWAY_MAX_DEVICE'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

11:46:16 Build Finished (took 566ms)

I've checked my PATH settings and it looks fine to me
PATH =
C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\gnu\bin;C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\gnu\arm-none-eabi\bin

(otherwise, I assume there would be more errors)

Does anyone has a fix or any idea ?

Thank you all,
Attachments
consol.PNG
consol.PNG (136.68 KiB) Viewed 6250 times
dandavid3000

by dandavid3000 Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:59 am

Delete workspace folder in C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0 might help you. Then you will have to configure Eclipse again (from the beginning)
omlu

by omlu Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:50 am

dandavid3000 wrote:Delete workspace folder in C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0 might help you. Then you will have to configure Eclipse again (from the beginning)

Thank you for your answer.

I tried deleting the workspace folder (and also just its content). I could successfully import sources from Git but then I got the same problem as described in the second post.
dandavid3000

by dandavid3000 Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:57 am

Have you tried with this one ?
https://www.disk91.com/2016/technology/ ... -to-6-3-4/

omlu wrote:
dandavid3000 wrote:Delete workspace folder in C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0 might help you. Then you will have to configure Eclipse again (from the beginning)

Thank you for your answer.

I tried deleting the workspace folder (and also just its content). I could successfully import sources from Git but then I got the same problem as described in the second post.
omlu

by omlu Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:02 am

dandavid3000 wrote:Have you tried with this one ?
https://www.disk91.com/2016/technology/ ... -to-6-3-4/

That is actually the post I followed. That is why my PATH settings are the same (Telecom Design doesn't give the same in its tutorial).
dandavid3000

by dandavid3000 Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:27 am

What I did when I imported my projects:

- Downloaded new SDK and extracted it.
- Configured Eclipse to run with examples in SDK6 - Make sure this one works
- I copied my project inside one of folders in examples.
- I used existing project to import my project, and added it to the working set.

Make sure those things
- Some variables in old SDK sometimes do not exist in new SDK
- Add, and configure all references, paths

Try multi times =.= I know Eclipse is crazy sometimes
omlu

by omlu Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:41 pm

OK finally got it to work !

What I did:
- Delete previous C:\TD folder (with SDK4)
- Downloaded and unzipped the new folder for SDK6
- Before first execution of eclipse.exe, I deleted the content of workspace
- Launch eclipse.exe
- Import sources for Git, import Working Sets
- Configure PATH: Properties of project > C/C++ Build > Environnment > Add > Path: C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\gnu\bin;C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\gnu\arm-none-eabi\bin
- Then try to Build every single thing there is (no such thing as overkill lol)

I only saved the folder inc and src of my already existing project. So to import it in Eclipse, I
- Copied the project sigfox (RF_Examples), made sure it still compiled,
- Created a new personnal Working Set and added it to it
- Deleted the file sigfox.c and renamed the project
- Created new source files (main.c, ...) and copied the content of my project in it
- Created a folder inc and did the same as previous step (main.h, ...)
- (no overkilling here :p ) Property of this new project > C/C++ Build > Enveironnment > Add > C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\gnu\bin;C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\gnu\arm-none-eabi\bin
- Build and it worked ...

As I tried almost a hundred times to do this with every variations possible, I still don't know why it worked this time. As dandavid3000 says, you gotta try a few times I guess !
I hope nobody gets stuck as I was.

PS: Strictly for your information:
When I copy-paste the current Path value, I get this :
Code: Select all
C:/TD/TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0/eclipse/jre/bin/client;C:/TD/TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0/eclipse/jre/bin;C:/TD/TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0/eclipse/jre/lib/i386;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\eclipse;C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\gnu\bin;C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\gnu\arm-none-eabi\bin

I don't know how/why it changed.
omlu

by omlu Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:42 pm

dandavid3000 wrote:Try multi times =.= I know Eclipse is crazy sometimes

That's what I needed to hear. I thought I couldn't be the only one struggling for this.

Thanks for yor help, dandavid3k !
Return to Tools