Questions and discussions about the SDK tools used to program the TD RF modules.
mstempin

How to duplicate an Eclipse project?

by mstempin Tue May 12, 2015 4:23 pm

You can easily duplicate an existing project by selecting it in the Project Explorer panel, using either the right-click contextual menu or the corresponding keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V).

However, it is required to perform an additional step in order to continue to have the Project Explorer panel refreshed correctly for the new project: right-click on the target project and select the "Properties" option. The properties dialog box will open, select the "C/C++ Build" item in the property tree, then the "Refresh Policy" tab. For each required build configuration (e.g. "Debug", "Release", etc.), change the resource by deleting the old project and adding the new one.

Failure to do so will result in strange behaviors: a common problem is the inability to flash a firmware because the binary firmware is considered as "missing", while it is indeed present in the output directory, but has just not been refreshed into the Project Explorer panel.
ramon2015

Re: How to duplicate an Eclipse project?

by ramon2015 Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:50 am

When I try to duplicate a project, the new project does not appear on the explorer tree after hitting paste. I hit "refresh" and still does not appear.
mstempin

by mstempin Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:10 pm

You are probably using "working sets", and projects that are not part of the enabled working sets are not displayed, although they are created on the disk.

To make your project visible, click on the down-facing arrow at the top-right corner of the Project Explorer, and choose "Select Working Set...", then choose an existing working set or create a new one, add your new project to it and enable the corresponding working set (note: the working set name should not contain space characters!) before clicking on "OK". Your project should then be visible.
ramon2015

by ramon2015 Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:50 am

Great !!

Thanks so much. That worked perfectly.

I expected to see the project on the tree if I disable the "working set view-mode", but I could not. After creating the new working set and add the project to it I can see the project no matter the view mode of the explorer (Top level elements as Project or working set).

Regards, Ramon.
Return to Tools