Questions and discussions about the SDK tools used to program the TD RF modules.
paulosz66

Eclipse SDK problems

by paulosz66 Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:30 pm

Hello all,

Today I tried to get the Eclipse environment working. The Eclipse environment is new to me and I have a really hard time working with it.
When I compile the blink project eclipse gives me a lot of errors like:

1)
Program "g++" not found in PATH
Program "gcc" not found in PATH
Program "make" not found in PATH

How do you solve these errors?

2)
When I try to flash by clicking: flash td1208 Modem. It does not work (I followed the steps of README file)

So I do it manually now using the TDloader.exe
This works after I manually reset the processor with a wire during the synchronising phase of the TDloader.

How can you flash the td1208 by using Eclipse?

3)
There are a lot of files included in the SDK. So I really need the "open declaration" functionality. But when I press F3 or do it by the right mouseclick nothing happens? How did you guys solve this problem?

4)
Is it possible to import the SDK with another IDE like simplicity studio? Because as you can read I have a lot of problems using the Eclips environment.

5)
Does anybody know a good website or manual on how to use Eclipse with an imported SDK.

Thanks guys for reading. I really need your help!

Paul,
mstempin

Re: Eclipse SDK problems

by mstempin Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:58 am

Hi Paul,
paulosz66 wrote:Hello all,

Today I tried to get the Eclipse environment working. The Eclipse environment is new to me and I have a really hard time working with it.

1)

How do you solve these errors?,

Pleas follow the README file included in the SDK, you need to add the C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\gnu\bin to your PATH environment variable in Windows, then restart Eclipse.
paulosz66 wrote:2)
When I try to flash by clicking: flash td1208 Modem. It does not work (I followed the steps of README file)
It should work as described, can you detail what is not working?

So I do it manually now using the TDloader.exe
This works after I manually reset the processor with a wire during the synchronising phase of the TDloader.

How can you flash the td1208 by using Eclipse?,

Once set up, the Eclipse launchers should contain entries to flash your project directly from Eclipse using the JTAG/SWD adapter board and the EFM32 STK as a JTAG probe.

paulosz66 wrote:3)
There are a lot of files included in the SDK. So I really need the "open declaration" functionality. But when I press F3 or do it by the right mouseclick nothing happens? How did you guys solve this problem? ,

The "open declaration" feature relies on the project indexer, which is an Eclipse CDT built-in C parser, not using the external gcc/g++ compiler. But you need to set all the corresponding options correctly like below in order for it to work:
Indexer Preferences.png
Indexer Pereferences
Indexer Preferences.png (74.78 KiB) Viewed 7341 times

paulosz66 wrote:4)
Is it possible to import the SDK with another IDE like simplicity studio? Because as you can read I have a lot of problems using the Eclips environment.

Yes, but you are on your own! If you follow carefully the README file included in the SDK, you should be up and running too, the procedure has been used by many users without problem.

However, Eclipse has a pretty steep learning curve, but it will be the same using Simplicity Studio,which is also Eclipse-based.

paulosz66 wrote:5)
Does anybody know a good website or manual on how to use Eclipse with an imported SDK.,

A good website for using Eclipse with MCUs is http://mcuoneclipse.com/.
Florian

by Florian Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:21 pm

Hello,
The solution you provide for point 3 (Indexer) doesn't work for me. Indexer works fine for CMSIS project, not for others. I think the problem comes from the content of .settings/org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.prefs file in each project. In CMSIS project, this file refers to GNU toolchain only and the indexer works. In other SDK projects, the file refers to IAR toolchain also. Since this toolchain is not included in the SDK, indexer can't work.
Could you help?
Florian

by Florian Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:24 pm

Hello,
The solution you provide for point 3 (Indexer) doesn't work for me. Indexer works fine for CMSIS project, not for others. I think the problem comes from the content of .settings/org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.prefs file in each project. In CMSIS project, this file refers to GNU toolchain only and the indexer works. In other SDK projects, the file refers to IAR toolchain also. Since this toolchain is not included in the SDK, indexer can't work.
Could you help?
Florian

by Florian Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:24 am

Hello,
The solution you suggest for the indexer is not working for me except for the CMSIS project.
I think this is related to .settings/org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.prefs file of other SDK projects. There are references to IAR compiler that can't be solved. Could you provide a solution for that?
Best regards,
Florian
dandavid3000

by dandavid3000 Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:35 pm

mstempin wrote:Hi Paul,
paulosz66 wrote:Hello all,

1)

How do you solve these errors?,

Pleas follow the README file included in the SDK, you need to add the C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v4.0.0\gnu\bin to your PATH environment variable in Windows, then restart Eclipse.

Hi mstempin,

I have the same problem like Paul although I updated my PATH environment variable with C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\gnu\bin ? I don't know how to solve this one.

Dan
mstempin

by mstempin Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:25 pm

If you are using the new SDK 6.3.4, please follow the README to set the PATH variable inside Eclipse instead of using the Windows environment variable.

Basically, go into "Windows > Preferences", then select "C/C++ > Build > Environment" in the dialog box to add the PATH variable set to "C:\TD\TD_RF_Module_SDK-v6.0.0\gnu\bin". I suggest to check to option "Replace native environment with specified one", this will save you some troubles if your Windows PATH already contains a path to an ARM toolchain.
Return to Tools