Questions and discussions about the SDK tools used to program the TD RF modules.
omlu

GPS and Dev Dashboard vs Sigfox portal

by omlu Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:27 am

Hi,

If I understood well, the Developer dashboard is a backend (such as the SigFox portal..)
Correct me if I'm wrong on these two statements:
- TD_SENSOR_SendDataPosition sends position data from GPS to the Dev dashboard.
- TD_SIGFOX_Send sends data to Sigfox portal.

I need to retrieve the position data from GPS for an external application. As my TD1204 is already registered on the Sigfox portal, is there an example of a sort of "TD_SIGFOX_SendDataPosition" function somewhere?

Last thing: I can't registered my module on the Dev dashboard. I enter the Serial (as shown on image) and the PAC as Module key, is it correct?

Thank you,

PS: I don't have the EVB. I integrated the TD1204 in my PCB.
lcheminade

Re: GPS and Dev Dashboard vs Sigfox portal

by lcheminade Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:36 am

PAC is the Sigfox key. Please see your private message for your TD key.

Concerning position the Sigfox backend is not meant for decoding the data whereas the TD backend is only meant for this. Nevertheless we agreed with Sigfox for one common type to be decoded in their backend for convenience reasons.

For this you need to use TD_SENSOR_SendDataPosition(GPS_DATA_XYZ_SV_HDOP, &Fix, 0, 0);

Then when you create a device type in the sigfox backend specify "display type" as "geolocation" -> "Telecom Design". Eventually assigna this type to your device.
acdjkz

by acdjkz Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:15 pm

lcheminade wrote:PAC is the Sigfox key. Please see your private message for your TD key.

Concerning position the Sigfox backend is not meant for decoding the data whereas the TD backend is only meant for this. Nevertheless we agreed with Sigfox for one common type to be decoded in their backend for convenience reasons.

For this you need to use TD_SENSOR_SendDataPosition(GPS_DATA_XYZ_SV_HDOP, &Fix, 0, 0);

Then when you create a device type in the sigfox backend specify "display type" as "geolocation" -> "Telecom Design". Eventually assigna this type to your device.

Hi, Im facing the same registration problem, got some samples from you guys (td1204) but cannot register since I do not have the PAC for the 6 modules I got.
Any help would be much appreciated.
mstempin

by mstempin Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:12 pm

Are these TD1204 modules only or are they soldered onto an TD1204 EVB board?
Return to Tools